27 May 2012

15th century dress and some accessories


I managed to finish my 15th century dress for Double Wars, event held at Hässleholm, Sweden last week. For underdress I used my old 14th century white linen dress and it worked perfectly. I think I had kind of sewing madness before the event (I went there last Tuesday and came back to Finland at Sunday. Double Wars started weekend before I arrived) pleated Swiss veil that I started to sew at the 15th century workshop wasn't good enough (kind of too big) so I made a new one and two pairs of detachable sleeves (wollen red ones that I didn't use and pretty green silk sleeves that I did.. silk was a gift from my Laurel Mistress Katheryn <3).

15th century dress (wool from Naturtuche, lining white linnen from Medeltidsmode, silk for sewing)/ 1400-luvun mekko (sininen villakangas Naturtuchesta, valkoinen pellava vuorikangas Medeltidsmodesta ja silkkiä ompelulankana)

Red sleeves (wool from Medeltidsmode, silk for sewing), green silk sleeves (silk for sewing) and pleated Swiss veil (linnen from Medeltidsmode and silk again for sewing)/ Punaiset hihat (villa Medeltidsmodesta ja silkkiä ompleluun, vihreät silkkiset hihat (silkkiä omplelulankana) ja laskostettu sveitsiläistyylinen huntu (pellava Medeltidsmodesta ja jälleen silkkiä ompeluun)

A picture from inside the dress. I have never been happier about the result of the inside of any dress. Of course one cannot see inside the dress when I wear this but for me knowing that it looks ok makes me feel good. I will send photos of me wearing the dress as soon as I get a good one.

**************************************************

Sain valmiiksi ajoissa viime viikolla järjestettyä Tuplasotaa varten 1400-luvun mekon, jota aloittelin tekemään 1400-luvun työpajaviikonloppuna taannoin. Sveitsiläistyylinen laskostettu huntu, jota aloittelin tekemään myös työpajassa osoittautui mielestäni hieman liian suureksi, joten tein uuden pienemmän. Lisäksi tein punaiset villaiset hihat ja vihreät silkkiset hihat. Silkkikangas oli lahja ihanalta mestarittareltani Katheryniltä <3. Punaisia villaisia hihoja ja huntua en ehtinyt tapahtumassa käyttämään, joten uutta asustetta on vielä kokeiltavaksi tapahtumakäytössä kesällä :). Tuossa yläpuolella on pari kuvaa valmiista mekosta ja asusteista. Mekon sisäpuolen ompelujälkeen olen tyytyväisempi kuin koskaan aikaisemmin. Laitan myöhemmin lisää kuvia mekosta, jahka löydän sopivan hetken pistää sen taas päälleni asusteiden kera.

2 comments:

Cathlin said...

I love your dress and can't wait to see a photo of you in it. I'm currently working on a similar gown. You've inspired me to keep going!

Eva Grelsdotter said...

Thank you Cathlin for you kind words :).