14 Sept 2008

I want, I want!!

I have had this very irritating feeling today. I want everything and I want it now. I try to focus on 16th century clothing now but at the same time I want Viking clothing and I want 14th century clothing as well. I want to have different time period clothes for different types of events. I don’t mean that I want to “change period” at the middle of the event. Someone has once said to me that I am interested in maybe too many things at the same time and that I need to concentrate on something. Well I have concentrate on medieval and renaissance (and little bit on Viking/Anglo-Saxon) cooking and on embroidery (mostly blackwork). But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to learn how to do other things. Actually we don’t have any room at home for new dresses right now. All closets are full of clothes… or other things like books and miniatures. Sometimes I think that we have more re-enactment clothes than mundane clothes. Or maybe it is that the re-enactment clothes take more space to keep than mundane ones. Maybe I need to get rid of some of our oldest re-enactment clothes?

No comments: