25 Jun 2008

Sewing and unsewing

Ouch! I haven’t written here for a long time. Or it feels like that. It is also a common sentence at blogs. My reason is the same than most of the blog writers. I have been busy and my stress level has been too high too long so I needed a break. Two weeks before the Midsummer celebrations was very stressful and it was my fault, I made it stressful. I have to admit that I am not good handling stress and I need to start doing things differently or I will be very sick soon. That doesn’t mean that I can’t so as much as I want to. It means that if I want to do as much as I want to I need to find how to handle the stress also. So I try to stop and think every time I think that the stress is coming. Thinking and realizing that it is only stress and you don’t want that, has helped me last couple of days especially at work. The stress was so bad that I couldn’t do much at work or at home so I am behind my schedule (I am not going to stress about that). Hmm… I didn’t plan to write this here.. but maybe it is better to write it somewhere so I don’t forget it (that might happen still, but I hope not).

Back to the business. My bodice is still not finished. I thought that it was done and I tried to attach the hem to the bodice. Well I manage to do that but I didn’t like the way it looked (I made 1 cm pleats to it and there was simple too much fabric). I know that the dress should look full but too much is too much I say! So I will cut the hem smaller and make bigger pleats and I hope it will look better after that. After this episode I read from Tudor Tailor book

how I can attach the bodice and the hem together easier. Again it is very typical for me to do first and read after that how to. But anyway I need to shorten my bodice also.       

                     

There will be Medieval market at city of Turku next weekend. We will go there! I hope to see many friends there and I am looking for those delicious lamb sausages they usually sell at the market also. Maybe I’ll remember to take my camera with me :D. 

No comments: