28 Oct 2009

Book Fair and other things

After very relaxing and good weekend I have been feeling energetic. That’s funny because at the same time I have flu.. I hope that it’ll go away until next weekend. At Friday Tofa and I went to Helsinki Book Fair and there was also Food and Wine and Music Fair at the Helsinki Fair Center at the same time. So the Fair Center visit took almost all day. We didn’t found as much good books this time and it felt like the books were more expensive this time... or they didn’t have as good discount prices than last time. I end up buying couple books, one modern ethnic cookbook and other somehow related to medieval (and/or) renaissance. One of them is culture history of medieval writing. It is quite new book written in Finnish and it looks very interesting.


We accidentally run into Patrik and Anna who were playing medieval music at Investiture and because this very lucky encounter we end up listening their concert at Music Fair at the end of the day. They played music from 18th century but it was interesting also because they used instruments like “nyckelharpa or avainviulu in Finnish” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyckelharpa . I have to reveal that they are also coming to play to our wedding :D .


Sunday at home I started a small Assisi embroidery project for our wedding. After that I have been answering Maku-magazine’s questions about medieval food for their article about us cooking at Hämeenlinna Medieval Fair and sending tons of emails. I have to start packing for next weekend’s (“Kätevä”) Lahti handicraft Fair… Thinking is not very fast when one has flu and clock is running too fast.

No comments: